In our waters we are lucky enough to see dolphins basically every day.
While it is certainly fun to watch them from the boat, in the Azores it is also possible to snorkel with them.
Atlantic spotted dolphins - one of the species we can snorkel with (photo by Jan Reyniers)
The activity is strictly regulated and, while we are 100% committed to make your dream of swimming with the dolphins come true, it is of paramount importance not to cause disturbance to the animals.
The 5 species of dolphins you can swim with here in Pico are the following:
- Common dolphin (Delphinus delphis)
- Bottlenose dolphin (Tursiops truncatus)
- Atlantic spotted dolphin (Stenella frontalis)
- Risso's dolphin (Grampus griseus)
- Striped dolphin (Stenella coeruleoalba)
Do not miss this once-in-a-lifetime experience!
Visit our Swim with Dolphins page
Common dolphins - another species we can snorkel with (photo by Ricardo Ventura)
Useful links and resources